Knowledge Management for Aquariums
Aquarium professionals spend hours collecting and recording data to support daily decision-making and scientific work. The ZIMS platform provides an online, real-time aquatic data management software designed specifically to serve the needs of aquariums for animal management, research and conservation planning.
7 New Animal Feed Log Features:
You asked and we listened. The aquatics team is hard at work designing new functionalities that will continue to make ZIMS excel for aquarium use. Here’s the latest roundup of feed log features that were released:
- Add multiple food items in one log entry.
- Track energy content for your food items.
- Column customization: Click on column headers in the Add New Feed Log screen to determine which data columns you want to see in your feed log, and drag columns left and right to select the order in which you’d like to see them. ZIMS will remember your selections and will only display the columns you choose to see after saving your feed log entry.
- New list view format: Header rows detail daily totals for total food amounts offered and consumed as well as total daily energy content.
- Double click on any existing record to open the record for editing.
- Clone feed log: Highlight an existing feed log and select “clone feed log” from the Actions menu. Update the date/time for the log entry and save for quick data entry.
- This feature is also available from the batch action and simple batch action options for Animal lists.
Like these new features? This functionality will be available for Enclosures in the future. Please send feature feedback by adding your comments below – we love to hear from you!