OPEN POSITION: Member Support Representative
DEPARTMENT: Member Support
Species360 is a unique blend of a software company, non-profit organization and global leader in wildlife care and conservation. We offer our Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS) web-based platform to manage almost 10 million animals and over 22,000 species including many that are threatened or even extinct in the wild. We serve over 1,200 zoos, aquariums and wildlife facilities in almost 100 countries with their animal management needs.
We have staff in Minneapolis (Worldwide Headquarters), the Netherlands, Israel, and Denmark. We are seeking Europe-based staff; however, we are 100% work-from-home.
About the job
- As a full-time Member Support Representative, you provide direct customer service support to our 18,000+ member users to help them use Species360’s ZIMS program to record and analyze data about their animal collections.
- You will respond to member support requests primarily via email and document discussions, problems and solutions.
- You will use remote technology to onboard new members familiarizing them with ZIMS and its capabilities, and regularly check in on your assigned members to ensure they are successfully using the program.
- We have team members in several countries, and this position will be work-from-home for at least one year – potentially longer.
Why You’ll Love This Role
- Your work directly impacts the future of wildlife around the world. Data recorded by Species360 members is used by partners such as IUCN, CITES, and others to inform their work in saving vanishing species.
- You will work independently within a dynamic, experienced support team who loves to solve problems for our members.
- You will spend your days interacting with – and building lasting relationships with – wildlife professionals around the world, helping them more effectively record, track and analyze animal data.
- You will become an expert in ZIMS, the leading animal record keeping software in the world.
- Species360 embraces diversity and you can bring your authentic self to work.
Why We’ll Love You
- You have experience working in an aquarium, zoo, or other wildlife facility.
- You are comfortable with technology and enjoy using it.
- You truly enjoy helping customers and go out of your way to ensure our members have what they need to succeed.
- You are a fast learner and enjoy digging into problems and finding solutions.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, and are comfortable interacting with people whose first language is not the same as yours. As a global organization, multi-lingual skills are highly valued.
- You are great at explaining complicated topics in a simple, concise manner.
- You are absolutely trustworthy when handling sensitive, private data.
- You enjoy multi-tasking, and can prioritize a wide variety and volume of tasks.
- You are detail-oriented and can capture information in such a way that a co-worker can read your notes and understand the issue.
- You are excited about advocating for wildlife professionals regarding their needs.
- You are a team player who enjoys interacting with a wide variety of people and who is ready to assist others at a moment’s notice.
More about us
Species360 members address today’s most urgent wildlife issues, including establishing best practices in husbandry, enrichment, medical care, welfare, reproduction, population management, and biodiversity. Our ZIMS software vastly increases what is known about thousands of species, and is instrumental in identifying sustainability strategies for many of the species assessed as vulnerable, endangered, and extinct in the wild.
Species360 provides conservationists with evidence-based findings integrating the full scope of global data, including IUCN Red List, CITES, TRAFFIC, EDGE, AZE, ZIMS, and more. Research led in collaboration with IUCN Species Survival Commission, CITES, and others drives insightful decisions on many levels, from enforcing illegal wildlife trade laws to calculating viability of insurance populations. The Species360 Conservation Science Alliance works alongside international conservation, research, and academic institutions to answer questions critical to saving species.
The most important benefit to working at Species360 is our team. We offer a casual, personable, respectful, and fun work environment. Our employees are committed to an open communication culture where we value partnering to achieve the greatest results for our members. We are transparent in our operations, have an all-employee staff meeting monthly, an annual staff retreat, and encourage peer recognition and celebration.
Species360 is an equal opportunity employer. We serve a diverse, global population of members and welcome and value diversity in our team. We strive to be an organization that is a diverse blend of talented people that want to come, stay, and do their best work to make a difference in this world.
If this sounds like the position and work culture you’ve been seeking, please send your resume to us at careers@Species360.org.
EOE – LGBTQIA