Species360 is a unique blend of a software company, a non-profit organization, and a global leader in wildlife care and conservation. We are the predominant non-profit organization serving zoos and aquariums with their animal management needs through our Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS) software.
Our members include diverse institutions around the world who use our software to record data on wildlife. This critical data enables them to provide world-class care for their animals. It also enables Species360 to develop software and scientific research that supports global conservation.
We are seeking an executive leader trained in sales and marketing as our Director of Global Software Business Development and Marketing. Responsibilities include serving as an individual sales producer as well as a team leader promoting technology-based services sold under a SaaS model to non-technical end users in zoos, aquariums, and wildlife facilities.
This position reports to the CEO and is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. The Director will serve as a global ambassador for Species360. Species360 is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and embraces a fully remote workforce strategy, as such the Director can be based virtually anywhere in mainland United States.
To be considered, qualified applicants must have all of the following: Executive level experience, 8 or more years of experience selling SaaS Software technology, international sales experience, and marketing expertise.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Grow the number of new members and revenue from these new members, while maintaining our current 98% member retention rate.
- Evaluate market potential, territory plans, coverage, and pipelines. Identify new approaches to maximize growth opportunities.
- Establish SaaS sales objectives by analyzing trends and results, forecasting, and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected volume and revenue.
- Lead the team to proactively identify, qualify, and close new member accounts using outbound indirect sales initiatives. Drive additional revenue-focused initiatives including research partnerships, training services, premium services, data migrations, grants and sponsorships, and other lead opportunities.
2. Implement Member Marketing and Communication Strategies
- Build and maintain relationships between Species360 and external and internal audiences.
- Develop, design, and implement communication strategies and campaigns to achieve conservation brand awareness, new member acquisition, fundraising effectiveness, and current member satisfaction and retention.
- Build interconnected programs in communication channels, including website, email member announcements, digital press releases, social media, marketing collateral, conference presentations, newsletters, and in ZIMS.
- Contribute to the successful development and launch of conservation partnerships, such as with TRAFFIC, CITES, IUCN SSC, and other wildlife conservation organizations.
3. As a member of the Leadership Team
- Proactively collaborate with the leadership and team to achieve the mission and vision.
- Provide guidance, support, and collaboration with the Leadership Team and staff to maximize membership satisfaction and retention.
- Professionally represent the organization to members, potential members, partners, and the broader conservation community.
- Identify, market, and communicate necessary product or services changes to maximize new member development and member retention.
4. Team Management and Development
- Provide regular guidance, support, and decision-making to a geographically dispersed, multi-cultural sales and marketing team.
- Recruit, interview, select and hire qualified team members as well as establish, communicate, and monitor performance expectations and standards.
Why You’ll Love This Role
- Your work directly impacts the future of wildlife conservation and animal care around the world.
- You will be an individual member development producer of a region, as well as have responsibility to lead and motivate a small, dedicated, and global team promoting web-based software solutions and managing/growing accounts.
- You will market our solution using your experience with software-as-a-service models where members subscribe to our software on a recurring annual basis. Retaining members is key to our success.
- You will be a part of a team that embraces technology, creativity, investigates, and suggests new innovative solutions to support our members and conservation partners around the globe.
- You will be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a truly collaborative work environment.
- Species360 embraces diversity and we want you to bring your authentic self to work.
- You will travel globally, up to 25%, to meet and visit members, member prospects, potential sponsors, and partners and attend conferences and board meetings.
- Compensation is $130,000 to $160,000, depending on experience, plus bonus.
Why We’ll Love You
- You have 8 or more years of international consultative sales experience with technology-based solutions or related membership development responsibilities using a strategic, structured sales process – with proven success in selling solutions to non-profit, governmental, conservation, and member-based institutions across the globe.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in marketing, economics, business administration, or related experience.
- You have experience and strong interest in global issues impacting the zoological community, wildlife, conservation, and biodiversity.
- You are experienced in strategic planning, budgeting, market development, and innovative marketing and communications techniques.
- You have a proven ability to lead, manage, and direct a global team delivering consistent, quality performance results.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal relationship-building skills and interact respectfully and effectively with members from any country, some of whom may not be proficient in English.
- Proficiency in another language preferred.
More About Species360
As the predominant non-profit serving zoo and aquarium animal management needs for 48 years, Species360 is the market leader in our field. Our Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS) is accepted and preferred by international regulatory bodies worldwide, such as CITES; recommended by the World Zoo and Aquarium Association; required by the European Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
ZIMS is the world’s most comprehensive database holding more than 22,000 species, 10,000,000 animals, and has 38,000 individual users. ZIMS is instrumental in identifying sustainability strategies for many of the species assessed as vulnerable, endangered, and extinct in the wild. We serve over 1,200 zoos, aquariums, and wildlife facilities in over 100 countries, helping our members address today’s most urgent wildlife issues. For more information about us and our conservation partners and members, please see: Species360.org.
Our Work Culture: All Are Welcome Here
Species360 is an equal opportunity employer. We serve a diverse, global population of members and welcome and value diversity in our team. We strive to be an organization that is a diverse blend of talented people that want to come, stay, and do their best work to make a difference in this world.
We are 100% work-from-home.
Our US Benefits
We offer generous time off benefits, combining holidays and vacation into one Paid Time Off benefit for maximum employee flexibility. You start accruing PTO at 5 weeks per year. In addition, we provide 10 paid sick days plus 8 weeks of paid parenting leave.
We offer medical, dental, life, short term and long term disability insurance, and an HSA plan with employer contributions. You can contribute to our 401(k) plan immediately at hire, which includes a generous employer contribution to all employees.
We also provide an office set-up stipend for home office equipment and supplies, in addition to required technology and computer.
The most important benefit to working at Species360 is our team. We offer a casual, personable, respectful, and fun work environment. Our employees are committed to an open communication culture where we value partnering to achieve the greatest results for our members. We are transparent in our operations, have an all-team meeting monthly, an annual team retreat, and encourage peer recognition and celebration.
If this sounds like the position and work culture you have been seeking, please send us your resume and cover letter to careers@Species360.org.
EOE – LGBTQIA