Species360 is a unique blend of a software company, non-profit organization and global leader in wildlife care and conservation. We offer our Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS) web-based platform to manage almost 10 million animals and over 22,000 species including many that are threatened or even extinct in the wild. We serve member users in over 1,200 zoos, aquariums and wildlife facilities in almost 100 countries with their animal management needs.
For this 20-hour per week position, we are looking for an expert ZIMS user with 5 or more years of experience creating and delivering training content. We use a variety of eLearning training tools to create and deliver in-person and remote training programs for our international audience. Core requirements of this position include: creating and updating written training content in clear and accessible formats, developing and maintaining interactive training content in our Learning Management System, and directly training ZIMS users with varying levels of technical experience and varying levels of English language comprehension.
Species360 is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and embraces a fully remote workforce strategy. The Member Training Specialist position is preferably based in mainland United States. Non-US candidates will be considered.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a part-time (20 hours/week) Member Training Specialist, you will report to the Training Manager and will:
- Manage the training content library that changes with bi-weekly ZIMS software releases, updating materials with new or changed functionality.
- Maintain and update the Digital Adoption Platform (WalkMe) instrumental in delivering just-in-time content and training to 18,000+ ZIMS users. You support ZIMS users and members at all stages of their membership lifecycle.
- Record, process and publish video training content using a mix of tools to our Learning Management System (Techsmith Snagit, Camtasia, Articluate360, Vimeo, SharePoint, WordPress).
- Assist in designing and implementing new training approaches.
- Deliver intensive on-site training on all ZIMS product areas, at member facilities, conferences, and elsewhere.
- Participate in software product planning meetings with all product teams, representing the training team and advising on effective and sustainable training solutions.
- Use remote technology to assist in onboarding new members, familiarizing them with ZIMS and its capabilities.
- Assist multiple Species360 teams with a wide variety of projects, including: website editing, conference, Board Meeting and workshop planning, member outreach and development and more.
Why You’ll Love This Role
- Your work directly impacts the future of wildlife around the world. Data recorded by Species360 members is used by partners such as IUCN, CITES, and others to inform their work in saving vanishing species.
- You will be recognized as an animal records Best Practices Champion and an Expert user of ZIMS, the leading animal record keeping software in the world.
- You will work independently within a dynamic, experienced support team who love to solve problems for our members.
- You will spend your days interacting with – and building lasting relationships with – wildlife professionals around the world, helping them more effectively record, track and analyze animal data.
- Species360 embraces diversity and you can bring your authentic self to work.
Why We’ll Love You
- You have experience working in an aquarium, zoo, or other wildlife facility.
- You are an experienced trainer and get excited teaching people new skills. You get extra points if you have taught ZIMS to people already.
- You constantly look for ways to use technology to improve processes and help people get their work done more efficiently.
- You are physically and legally able to travel internationally and love to travel. This position could occasionally require travelling for more than a week at a time.
- You truly enjoy helping customers and go out of your way to ensure our members have what they need to succeed.
- You are a fast learner and are at home digging into problems and finding solutions.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and are comfortable interacting with people whose first language is not the same as yours. As a global organization, multilingual skills are highly valued.
- You are great at explaining complicated topics in a simple, concise manner.
- You are trustworthy when handling sensitive, private data.
- You excel at multi-tasking and can prioritize a wide variety and volume of tasks.
- You are detail-oriented and can capture information in such a way that a co-worker can read your notes and understand the issue.
- You are excited about advocating for wildlife professionals regarding their needs.
- You are a team player who enjoys interacting with a wide variety of people and who is ready to assist others at a moment’s notice.
Our Work Culture: All Are Welcome Here
Species360 is an equal opportunity employer. We serve a diverse, global population of members and welcome and value diversity in our team. We strive to be an organization that is a diverse blend of talented people that want to come, stay, and do their best work to make a difference in this world.
We are 100% work-from-home.
Our Benefits – US Only
We offer generous time off benefits, combining holidays and vacation into one Paid Time Off benefit for maximum employee flexibility. You start accruing PTO at 5 weeks per year and receive 10 paid sick days per year, both pro-rated for a 20-hour work week.
We also offer part-time employees life, short term and long term disability insurance. Additionally, you can start contributing immediately to our 401(k) plan, which includes a generous employer contribution.
We also provide an office set-up stipend for home office equipment and supplies, in addition to required technology and computer.
The compensation range for this position is $25.00 – $30.00 per hour based on experience.
The most important benefit to working at Species360 is our team. We offer a casual, personable, respectful, and fun work environment. Our employees are committed to an open communication culture where we value partnering to achieve the greatest results for our members. We are transparent in our operations, have an all-employee staff meeting monthly, an annual staff retreat, and encourage peer recognition and celebration.
If this sounds like the position and work culture you’ve been seeking, please send us your resume and cover letter to careers@Species360.org.
EOE – LGBTQIA